Welcome to my Education Blog!

Lauren Neufeld

360 Degree Thinking, Cognitive Connections

The recess bell rang and the students trickled onto the playground outside. It was another one of my Wednesday visits and my teacher educator (who normally is an excited person in general) is ecstatic about a workshop she went to over the weekend. Let me just tell you quickly, the ticket to the workshop was upwards of $300. Upon hearing the cost I was baffled by the fact that she would pay such a large sum out of pocket. However, the more she informed me of the methods of Sarah Ward, I too have become inspired.

Therefore, both my new Free Inquiry and my Education Seminar Inquiry  is going to be based on Sarah Ward’s strategies for executive functioning skill development.

I hope that blogging my progress in understanding what, how, why, and when these methods can be utilized, will scaffold me to a point where I can implement her research into my personal lesson plans.

Furthermore, I will be able to view these strategies in the classroom I’m in each Wednesday, as my Teacher Educator will be actively practicing what she has learned as well.

Some future blog posts I have in mind to shape my inquiries are:

• What is the 360 Degree Thinking approach?
  • Who is this approach for?
  • Who is Sarah Ward? Who is her partner, Kirsten Jacobson? How are they credible?
  • Influencers of the 360 Degree Learning? Ft. Russel A. Barkley
  • Interview with Christina Chase