Welcome to my Education Blog!

Lauren Neufeld

Week 4 iMovie and Audacity

The presentation today outlined the basic editing skills of iMovie, and recording tools on an audio recording website named Audacity.com. Not only did  he walk our class through how these applications can be integrated into our teaching practice, but how teachers can model for students to eventually design and create through their learning process. We practiced cutting, pasting, fast forward, slow motion, duplicating, split-imaging, transitions, titles, and even green screen!

I am personally quite comfortable with using iMovie. My past experience with iMovie includes my Film and TV courses in Highschool grades 11/12, my hobby of short film production, and annually producing Daycamp videos for the City of Williams Lake.

Audacity is another program we covered on Monday. It took some time to familiarize myself again, but I soon remembered how to record and change pitch. My “Music Composition and Technology” class in Highschool taught me how to record music using the Audacity.com program. Our projects were based on being in tune, in key, fluency, and staying on tempo. Im picturing my future elementary classroom gifting their parents a CD of our original Christmas carol already.

Not only am I excited to introduce these applications to my future students, I can’t wait to explore how to use these tools for various grades.

If you click here, you’ll be transferred to Tip Of The Iceberg, another WordPress blog loaded with fun ways to apply Audacity in your classroom!

I am very excited to explore how to use this new tool in my future mule-modal classroom!