Welcome to my Education Blog!

Lauren Neufeld

Week 3 Tweet at Me!

Chirp chirp

tweet tweet

is that twitter I hear?

Just to clarify, I wasn’t expecting this.

I am so excited to both view and participate in the community that educators have developed on Twitter. The use of this mainstream platform to communicate our opinions and support one another as a  united voice is so incredibly compelling to me.

So there I was, re-downloading the Twitter app for uses wayy beyond high school humour and celebrity drama

… it was sort of poetic really, downloading this app for the second time as I embark on my more professional “second life”.

• Completely unrelated, but please check out The Second Life Podcast    It’s a podcast I’ve been binge-watching (and probably the whole reason I used the term, second life) that hosts guest speakers who have left their original careers to embark on their Second Life.

I know, geez Lauren can’t we stay on topic? With Twitter, we can voice our thoughts and show support for other educators by following and re-posting tweets. We can also subscribe to specific topics by following a specific hashtag. Although time consuming, accumulating an online feed that is custom to my personal yet professional interests will be extremely beneficial in the long-run of my teaching career. The hashtags I have followed so far are:

• BClearns
  • SD61
  • SD61learn
  • SD27
  • SD63learn
  • Teacherspayteachers
  • Elementary school teacher
  • Classroomreveal

Being provided an example of what our professional profile

• including a career-appropriate profile picture and biography

by our professor gave us insight of the professional standards our profile must live up to, and the inspiration our twitter feed can manifest, through smart, selective networking.